TAKING CARE OF YOUR FURNACE
Regular upkeep will go a long way in saving you money and keeping your tenants happy and warm during the cold winter months. Here are a few tips to help you keep your furnace in good working order.
Keep The Furnace Clean!
Check the Furnace Filter
Services performed with your furnace tune-up may vary, but here are some of the things you can expect done to keep your heating system in good shape.
A typical furnace maintenance tune-up:
- check the operation of burner
- inspect the heat exchanger
- check the condensate drain
- check the condensate drain wiring
- check the calibration
- operation of limit controls
- check the fan limit, check the high limits
- check the operation of the ventor
- check for carbon monoxide near the furnace and throughout the house.
Remember – one of the biggest expenses you’ll have in a home is furnace replacement. When you take steps to maintain your furnace you’ll extend its life, minimize your repair bills and maximize the returns you’re earning on each investment property.